Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2005/10/05 02:57:13 UTC

Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 5 (M5) released - Thank you Jeff Genender

I think you're forgetting someone pretty darn important.... ;)

Jeff, the project and users owe you a big thanks for your leadership
in bringing Geronimo and Tomcat together and getting that stack to
certify.  Every single release we've ever announced to date has
received the exact same question... "Why aren't you guys using
Tomcat?? You know, the *Apache* servlet container?!!"  We always
said, "We'd love to have a Tomcat integration, wanna help?"  Here we
are, two years into the project, and for the first time we'll be able
to say something much better about our Tomcat support on this release...

"Blame, Jeff"

Thanks for all the 3am week nights and all day weekends over the last
six+ months.  You are a real stand-up guy.

Our gratitude,
The Geronimo Community