Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Florian Weimer <We...@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> on 2002/11/09 14:52:54 UTC

Using mod_ssl and client certificates

We are moving to client certificates for authentication on our
internal web sites.  So far, we use a rather crude scheme
(all-or-nothing), but we would like to differentiate between clients
in the future.

Is there are straightforward way to integrate certificate-based
authentication and mod_perl, i.e. access information on the client
certificate from mod_perl?  A moderate performance hit is acceptable
because it's for our internal sites only.

Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/
RUS-CERT                          fax +49-711-685-5898