Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/02 13:49:54 UTC

[GSoC2013] Oracle NoSQL datastore for Gora

Hello all,

I have added a draft of my proposal for the Gora-Oracle NoSQL GSoC project.
You can find it in the following url:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12581510/Gora-Oracle%20NoSQL%20-%20Project%20Proposal.docx

More information in the Jira issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-217

I would appreciate your feedback and any comments. Also please note that I
have been in contact with the development team of Oracle NoSQL and they are
also interested in this project.

I look forward to your comments.

Thank you,
Apostolis

Re: [GSoC2013] Oracle NoSQL datastore for Gora

Posted by Apostolis Giannakidis <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

I want to let you know my current status and ask you a few questions.

I have contacted the Oracle NoSQL community, privately using linkedin and
publicly using the OTN forum (
https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2543313&tstart=0) to
inform them that the project has been accepted. I have very positive
feedback and some offers for guidance in case I need help with the NoSQL
database API.

Furthermore, at the moment, I am studying the documentation of both Apache
Gora and Oracle NoSQL. In a few days I will study their APIs and start
studying the source codes.

I wanted to ask you your opinion. Apart from the documentation of Apache
Gora, I think that I have to also study the basics of Apache Avro because
it seems mandatory for implementing the GoraOracleNoSQL module. Is this
correct or should I skip it? Are there more technologies such as the Apache
Avro that I should study before dealing with the implementation?

Best regards,
Apostolis