Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mitesh51 <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/31 11:07:49 UTC

Checkstyle Problem

I want to use checkstyle plugin and use it in continuum.

My pom.xml looks like .........

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>my-app</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
<scm>
	<connection>

scm:svn:svn://shikhas:shikhas@192.168.145.145/iLabsDevRepo/Source/trunk/iTraining/trunk/maven/my-app/
	</connection>
</scm>

  <dependencies>
   <dependency>
      <groupId>checkstyle</groupId>
      <artifactId>checkstyle</artifactId>
      <version>4.1</version>
	  <type>jar</type>
      <scope>package</scope>
	  <optional>true</optional>
    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

	<reporting>
                <plugins>
                        <plugin>

<artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
                                <configuration>
                                        <configLocation>D:\ILabs
Task\Maven\checkstyle-4.4\sun_checks.xml</configLocation>
                                </configuration>
                        </plugin>
                </plugins>
        </reporting>

</project>

It is downloading the jars necessary for the checkstyle but it is not
generating the checkstyle documents.

Is there anything missing in pom.xml?

After running the build script in continuum, It does not generate the
checkstyle reports in the Output directory with the use of continuum.

Any Suggestions??

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Too much c/p on my side. That should ofcourse  be the goal checkstyle [1].

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-checkstyle-plugin/

Posted by Mitesh51 <mi...@yahoo.com>.

nicklist wrote:

> What goals are you running from continuum?
>
> You could attach the checkstyle:checkstyle goal to another phase:
> <build>
>     <plugins>
>         <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
>             <executions>
>                 <execution>
>                     <goals>
>                         <goal>run</goal>
>                     </goals>
>                     <phase>verify</phase>
>                 <execution>
>             <executions>
>         </plugin>
>     </plugins>
> </build>
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by Mitesh51 <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you Very much.

Things worked.

I will be grateful to u for ur help.

nicklist wrote:

> Please throw away the first, the goal jar:install is not valid.
>
> If you use the second, with my configuration it should work.
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by Mitesh51 <mi...@yahoo.com>.

RE: Checkstyle Problem

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by Mitesh51 <mi...@yahoo.com>.

nicklist wrote:

> What goals or phase are you running from Continuum? The reporting section
> is only used when generating a site (thus, running mvn site) and not when
> running an install or deploy.
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick Stolwijk
>
> ps. I don't think you need the checkstyle artifact as dependency. This way
> it will be included in your project.

RE: Checkstyle Problem

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.