Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jlark <al...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/14 00:05:23 UTC

400 Error adding field 'tags'='[a,b,c]'

Hey Folks,
I'm new to lucene/solr so pardon my lack of knowledge.

I'm trying to feed some json to my solr instance through wget.
I'm using the command

wget 'http://localhost:8983/solr/update/json?commit=true'
--post-file=itemsExported.json --header='Content-type:application/json'

however the response I get is:
012-03-13 14:44:44 ERROR 400: ERROR: [doc=http://www.mysite.com] Error
adding field 'tags'='[car,house,farm]'

where the tag field in my schema looks like.

   <field name="tags" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>

Not sure if I'm missing something. I'm not too sure on how to debug this
further either so anyhelp on both would be great.

I was able to feed and test with some dummy docs so I'm pretty sure my
method of submission works.

Are there any further logs I can look at or turn on?

Thanks so much,
Alp

Re: 400 Error adding field 'tags'='[a,b,c]'

Posted by Memory Makers <me...@gmail.com>.
left. the $20 under the tile with the hand prints.  thx

On Tuesday, March 13, 2012, jlark <al...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly I'm getting this on other fields now.
>
> I have the field    <field name="name" type="text_general" indexed="true"
> stored="true"  />
>
> which is copied to text  <copyField source="name" dest="text"/>
>
> and my text field is simply    <field name="text" type="text_general"
> indexed="true" stored="true" />
>
> I'm feedin my test document
>
> {"url" : "TestDoc2", "title" : "another test",
"ptag":["a","b"],"name":"foo

Posted by jlark <al...@hotmail.com>.
[Solved]

Turns out the text field I was copying all these to was not multivalued!
make sure that if you're copying multiple fields to a single field that the single field has multivalued=true.

phew.
Thanks for the Help.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 03:19:15 -0700
From: ml-node+s472066n3828342h74@n3.nabble.com
To: alptilev@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: 400 Error adding field 'tags'='[a,b,c]'

	Hi Alp,

if you have not changed how SOLR logs in general, you should find the

log output in the regular server logfile. For Tomcat you can find this

in TOMCAT_HOME/catalina.out (or search for that name).

If there is a problem with your schema, SOLR should be complaining about

it during application/server start up. It would definitely print

something if there is a field declared in your schema but cannot be

initialized for some reason.

I don't think that the names of the fields themselves are the problem. I

never had an issue with the field name 'name'.

Cheers,

Chantal

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 02:53 +0100, jlark wrote:

> Interestingly I'm getting this on other fields now.

> I have the field    <field name="name" type="text_general" indexed="true"

> stored="true"  />

> which is copied to text  <copyField source="name" dest="text"/>

> and my text field is simply    <field name="text" type="text_general"

> indexed="true" stored="true" />

> I'm feedin my test document

> {"url" : "TestDoc2", "title" : "another test", "ptag":["a","b"],"name":"foo

> bar"},

> and when I try to feed I get.

> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 ERROR: [doc=TestDoc2] Error

> adding field 'name'='foo bar'

> If I remove the field from the document though it works fine.

> I'm wondering if there is a set of reserved names that I'm using at this

> point.

> Jus twhish there was a way to get more helpfull error messages.

> Thanks for the help.

> Alp

		http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/400-Error-adding-field-tags-a-b-c-tp3823853p3828342.html

		To unsubscribe from 400 Error adding field 'tags'='[a,b,c]', click here.

		NAML

Re: 400 Error adding field 'tags'='[a,b,c]'

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <ch...@btelligent.de>.
Hi Alp,

Posted by jlark <al...@hotmail.com>.
Hey,Thanks for the lightning quick responses.

Unfortunalty no stack trace anywhere I can see. Where would you recommend I
look?

I think this is a very bad bad bug.

I changed my field name from tag to ptag and now it's working fine!

Thanks,

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
I just changed the exception handling in trunk to hopefully produce
better error messages when you don't have the full stack trace.

Shot in the dark: is tags the source for any copyField commands in the
schema?  If so, make sure the targets are also multi-valued.

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.