Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2005/09/13 06:20:31 UTC

Re: expressions not allowed in default-value after setter changes for plexus

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 19:31 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Ref: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-866
>
> Can I just check if this change was deliberate?
>
> It seems that r2490 of AbstractConfigurationConverter dropped the
> ability to have expressions in the default value. I'd added this
> functionality deliberately.

I didn't intend to nullify any desired behaviour. My mistake.

> As I understand it, default-value is for the default (obviously), and
> expression is used to lookup a more appropriate value (eg from a sys
> property), so both might have expressions (and expression has been over
> used in the past due to this limitation).
>
> That way if the expression is null, you can still fall back toa default
> that can have expressions itself.
>
> Thoughts?

Yup, I agree. I grabbed the initial revision where Kenney did his first
round of work and missed subsequent changes. Sorry about that.

> - Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: expressions not allowed in default-value after setter changes for plexus

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>Yup, I agree. I grabbed the initial revision where Kenney did his first
>round of work and missed subsequent changes. Sorry about that.

Np, I'll drop it back in now. Checked over the rest of the rev and it
looks fine.

- Brett