Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Vivek Rai <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/20 14:02:36 UTC

Open Office Volunteering

Name : Vivek Rai

Place : Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India

Who I am : I'm a first year student of Information & Communication
Technology in Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management
Gwalior, India.

Interested In :

1. Providing feedback about Open Office
2. Develop according to the feedback provided about Open Office by other
volunteers.

Skill Set :

Programming experience in almost all languages especially in those which
are part of Open Office - C++ & Java.

Thank You.

Re: Open Office Volunteering

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Vivek Rai <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sir, I think I can improve the AOO website's look - using CSS.

Vivek --

There are others on "dev" and "marketing" who feel the same way. We can
always use a fresh look!

One of our volunteers started a "strategic planning" page for the website
some time ago. We discuss the websites frequently, and changes are made as
issues arise. A whole scale evaluation of the css we currently use has not
been undertaken, though, and probably should.

I would suggest you take a look at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Website+Strategic+Plan

and apply for a cwiki account if you'd like to participate in planning
discussions in that form rather than the mailing list.

Having a cwiki account will enable you to attach files to your suggestions
-- css file changes, mockups -- as well.

We are a "community" of volunteers. Please use the resources we have --
mailing list subscriptions, wiki accounts etc. -- to make your ideas known
to the community as a whole. You've completed Levels 1 and 2 of the
Orientation, and you sent an introductory e-mail to "dev". That was great!
Please continue your "community" involvement by subscribing to the "dev"
list and  sending your ideas to that list.

 Thanks again for your interest in Apache OpenOffice.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.