Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com> on 2015/04/08 15:07:38 UTC

[Vote] Ripple release 0.9.28 (Attempt 2)

Please review and vote on the release of Ripple 0.9.28.

Changes since the previous vote thread: this is a new package that contains all source material (everything in the git repo), and no build output.

The package you are voting on is available for review at  http://1drv.ms/1BAKsBJ. It was published from its corresponding git tag:
     incubator-ripple: 0.9.28 (1d95fed542)

Since this will be an official Apache release of Ripple (our first!), we must be particularly careful that it complies with all Apache guidelines for an incubator release. As such, before voting +1, please refer to and verify compliance with the checklist at  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list.

If anyone has concerns that we don't meet any of these requirements, please don't hesitate to raise them here so we can discuss and make changes if necessary.

If you do give a +1 vote, please include what steps you took in order to be confident in the release.

Please also note from Ross's recent email:

> What we need is three +1 "binding" votes, in reality that means three IPMC
> members. Once a project graduates it means three project management committee
> members. However, as a mentor (therefore having a binding vote) I look to the
> project participants to indicate their preference and (assuming no blocking
> issues on an IP check) I'll always vote in support of the communities non-
> binding votes.

So please, even though your vote may not be binding, take some time to review the release and vote!

Upon a successful vote, we will arrange for the archive to be uploaded to dist/incubator/ and publish it to NPM.

I vote +1:
* I verified build works and tests all pass
* I ran Apache RAT against the repo and confirmed we were ok with all files reported by RAT (which I'll be adding to RAT exceptions when I add tools to run RAT automatically).

Thanks,

Tim

Re: [Vote] Ripple release 0.9.28 (Attempt 2)

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.
Hey all - anyone willing to take a look at this? Would be really good to get this release out.

Thanks,

Tim

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.
Hmmm, since we're going to need to do another package, I'll add a KEYS file.

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
>> As a general rule lint problems should not block a release. In fact bugs
should not block a release (unless critical). Document them as "known
issues" in the release so folks know they will be fixed in the future.

That makes sense. The main issue was just that one can not easily and
straightforwardly build a minified version of the code- only a basic build
works (since lint fails a deploy).

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org>.
Hi