Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Rodriguez <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/18 16:57:01 UTC

Problems with dependencies in WAR file

Hi,

I have a problem with the WAR Plugin. I'm building a webapp using
JSTL. My project XML has the following dependencies.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>taglibs</groupId>
            <artifactId>string</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.0</version>
            <type>tld</type>
            <properties>
                <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
            </properties>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>taglibs</groupId>
            <artifactId>string</artifactId>
            <version>1.1.0</version>
            <type>jar</type>
            <properties>
                <war.bundle>true</war.bundle>
            </properties>
        </dependency>

When the WAR file gets built the second dependency is ignored (no
string-1.1.0.jar gets copied into the WEB-INF/lib folder). If I switch
the order the opposite happens (no string-1.1.0.tld in the WEB-INF/tld
folder).

Anybody knows how to solver this issue? Any help is appreciated.

--Alex

Re: Problems with dependencies in WAR file

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
You can find more in the archives, but essentially two dependencies
where only the types differ are not recognised as distinct. Fixed in
CVS HEAD for 1.1.

- Brett