Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by brain_damaged <br...@florida-wireless.com> on 2002/02/07 22:10:22 UTC

moving / to another drive and symbolic link

Hello,
First I am still learning apache,freebsd,mysql all at one time so I am kinda overloaded. I did a search both on the docs and archives for symbolic link and moving files but did not get a answer I thought related. but am a newbie.

I originally had apache setup with a docroot
of /usr/local/www/htdocs
I am having hd problems so I would like to move it to /home/www/htdocs on a partion that is on a 3rd hd in the machine.

I did cp -Rf /usr/local/www/htdocs /home/www/htdocs
then a:
ln -s /home/www/htdocs /usr/local/www/htdocs

doing a ls on the /usr/local/www shows htdocs --> /home/www/htdocs

I then chown -R nobody.nobody /home/www

but when I go to the homesite (this is not a virtual site either its the main and only site)

I get :
Forbidden

I have not made any changes in the httpd.conf. do I need to ?
What have I missed or done wrong ?

Thanks
MD