Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by "Kumarasiri, Nuwan R" <Nu...@rockets.utoledo.edu> on 2013/04/10 17:02:06 UTC

ACCUMULO-1013

hello,

I would like to write a proposal for [1] as part of GSOC 2013. I would like to know more information about the project.

To me it seems that the project is about gathering information via JMX then store them in a storage(such as Apache hadoop) and display them via a GUI(it seems like a web app using one or combination of those JS graphic libraries). The web app or the stand alone GUI should be able to poll the storage synchronously/asynchronously for data for the displaying purposes.

Did I miss anything ? Are you looking for additional functionality?

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-1013

Re: ACCUMULO-1013

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Thanks for reaching out. The Accumulo monitor currently doesn't persist
data anywhere; however that could be a useful feature. I believe the
longest amount of state that is stored at one time by the monitor is an
hour.

Aside from that, you hit the nail on the head. The monitor has risen out
of necessity with people typically adding functionality to the
application in order to make debugging some aspect of a running instance
easier.

Lots of different avenues in which you could make something really
interesting. Please feel free to continue to bounce ideas off of this
list. We're happy to work through any ideas/thoughts you have.

- Josh