Posted to users@maven.apache.org by LAMY Olivier <Ol...@accor.com> on 2006/09/30 22:13:05 UTC

RE: M2 release plugin snapshot version does not handle new development d

"This is not a bug" in case of reactor projects : sure ?

Have a look : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-91

Personnaly, I have trouble using ${pom.version} due to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2339.

--
Olivier

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.

LAMY Olivier wrote:
> "This is not a bug" in case of reactor projects : sure ?
>
> Have a look : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-91

I have to agree with Mike Perham there. But the fact that dependencies
and dependencyManagement are treated differently is a bug, though.
I don't think dependencies or dependencyManagement should update
dependency versions from stable to snapshots at all, not unless
perhaps you explicitly tell the release plugin to do so. Especially
when working on a maintenance branch, you only provide bugfix releases,
so you want to keep the changes small and not update dependencies except
if you really have to.

> Personnaly, I have trouble using ${pom.version} due to http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2339.

Ah. Initially I'd say it's not a bug either, but the description is not that clear. I assume
it's about using ${project.version} in the plugin POM.

I don't see why you using ${pom.version} in your own pom files is affected by that issue..

-- Kenney