Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bruno Di Fabio <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/21 08:54:15 UTC

Bruno needs help

Hi, I have Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0 installed on my MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.5
When I open a file PPS with Photos and music there is no sound. My wife has
similar Mac with Word installed and she can hear music on the same files
which are mute on my NoteBook. Can you tell me why and possibly suggest a
solution?
Thanks.
Bruno from Venice

Re: Bruno needs help

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:27 AM, Bruno Di Fabio <br...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> for a particular extension? Is the download free? I am not familiar with

p.s. Yes the extension is free

Re: Bruno needs help

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Sorry but I could not manage it. The download does not work. Should I look
> for a particular extension? Is the download free? I am not familiar with
> these matters and should need detailed instructions.

Hello Bruno - I'm not sure what you mean "the download does not work".

Were you able to download the file to your computer?

If yes then there are other steps after the file is on the computer.

1. Open OpenOffice
2. Select "Tools | Extension Manager..." from the menu
3. Click the "Add..." button on the window that has opened
4. In the "Add Extension(s)" file picker window that opens go to the
location the file was downloaded to and select the file
5. Click the "Open" button
6. Scroll to the bottom of the "Extension Software License Agreement" to
activate the "Accept" button
7. Click the "Accept" button

Your extension should now be installed and ready for use.

For future please note that this information is available in the Help.
Select "OpenOffice Help" from the Help menu. Select the "Index" tab of the
help system. Type "extensions" as your search term and press enter.

One found the help page can be book marked by clicking the "Add to
Bookmarks..." icon found between the printer an binoculars icons at the top
of the help window. If you do this you can refer back to that particular
bit of help any time you like by opening help and selecting the Bookmarks
tab.

Re: Bruno needs help

Posted by Bruno Di Fabio <br...@gmail.com>.
Sorry but I could not manage it. The download does not work. Should I look
for a particular extension? Is the download free? I am not familiar with
these matters and should need detailed instructions.
Thanks for cooperation.
Bruno

Re: Bruno needs help

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.