Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/04 19:36:34 UTC

Re: Release MyFaces Core 3.0.0-M1?

JFYI:
i think i'm finally "done" with the refactorings.
I will start with a release vote the next days.

Virenfrei.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
All right!
Will prepare 2.3-next-M1 this week and start a release vote :)

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
2.3-next-m1... yeah why not?

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
ok, guys - i committed the extension now into
myfaces-core/extensions/quarkus.

it would be great if we can agree on the version/naming.
Thanks to Werner, i think "myfaces next" is the correct naming.
But how should we name it?

don't change the group/artifactId but change version to: 2.3-next-M1?
if we have a final release under the same name, it would be: 2.3-next-1

WDYT?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Bill Lucy <wt...@gmail.com>.
+1 for doing a M1 release - all of the points you've made are great,
Thomas.  For versioning, I think the 2.3-modern proposal is good (although
somefaces isn't bad!)

The quarkus extension is interesting as well.  I haven't done any testing
with that yet, but adding it to the myfaces repo seems reasonable.

Regards,
Bill

Posted by Thomas Andraschko <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,