Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Joost Schouten <jo...@jsportal.com> on 2007/05/01 10:49:51 UTC

RE: unable to turn off log messages...

Jorge,

Even though this probably is a log4j question, how did you configure it and
please mail your configuration file?

My /web-inf/classes/log4j.properties file as shown below properly blocks any
log messages less then warn for org.apache.myfaces.

Regards,
Joost Schouten

[1]: my /web-inf/classes/log4j.properties file
---------------------
log4j.logger.com.jsportal=debug,R
log4j.logger.org.hibernate=warn,R
log4j.logger.org.apache.commons=warn,R
log4j.logger.org.apache.myfaces=warn,R
log4j.logger.org.apache.shale.clay=warn,R
log4j.appender.R.File=C:/pathToMyLogDir/mainLog.log
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p %-10d{dd MMM yyyy
Posted by Joost Schouten <jo...@jsportal.com>.
Hi,

>I see that your logging output format does *not* contain the category
>string. Add [%c] to get this displayed.

If I'm not mistaken, Category %C has been replaced by Logger %l (see [1]).
[2] shows you a line from my log file. So the Logger name (former Category)
does get displayed.

>I would guess that this message is actually coming from the facelets
>library, and has a category of something like com.sun.facelets (or
>whatever the facelets namespace is) but you are only suppressing info
>messages for the org.apache.myfaces category.

As I'm not using facelets I have no need to define it in my configuration.
Adding something like:

log4j.logger.com.sun.facelets=error,R

should stop your messages from apearing.

Hope it helps,
Joost Schouten

[1] http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/Category.html
[2] DEBUG 01 May 2007 22:30:10,390 [Thread-1]
com.jsportal.buisinessadmin.modules.moduleCost.getCostInModuleConfigExtensio
n(moduleCost.java:49) - getCostInModuleConfigExtension is called

I see that your logging output format does *not* contain the category
string. Add [%c] to get this displayed.

I would guess that this message is actually coming from the facelets
library, and has a category of something like com.sun.facelets (or
whatever the facelets namespace is) but you are only suppressing info
messages for the org.apache.myfaces category.

Regards,

Simon

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.