Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/31 15:27:38 UTC

@ExchangeException not received by the bean component when called from onException()

Hi,

I receive a NPE for the Exception in the log when I use the following route
:

        <camel:route errorHandlerRef="txErrorHandlerReqNew">
            <camel:from ref="fileClientEndpoint" />
            <camel:transacted ref="PROPAGATION_REQUIRED_NEW" />

            <camel:onException>

<camel:exception>com.xpectis.x3s.exception.X3SClientException</camel:exception>
                <camel:bean ref="serviceHelper" method="processException" />
                <camel:to ref="queueReportingEndpoint" />
            </camel:onException>

    // ProcessException BEAN
    public List<Map<String, Object>> processException(@ExchangeException
X3SException ex ) {

    NPE is generated in the bean when I try to use the exception coming from
the exchange

   //
   public class X3SException extends Exception {

Is it a issue related to bad config ?

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: @ExchangeException not received by the bean component when called from onException()

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Additional think that I have discovered is that the onException process does
not propagate information to the from endpoint (in my case : file
component). So, when exception occurs, the bean component is called where
record is created in an Audit table, error message is put in a reporting
queue BUT the file could not be renamed and move to temp directory. In
consequence, the file is reprocessed continuously !!!!!