Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 13:46:16 UTC

[CONTINUUM] Add JEXL? Java version?

Not sure who is looking after Continuum for Commons, but it might be
useful to add Jexl 2.0 to the list.

Also, the builds all seem to use Java 1.6, however no Commons
components actually require Java 1.6 yet.

Java 1.6 allows certain constructs which cause errors in Java 1.5, so
defaulting to 1.6 means that some coding errors are not caught.

Seems to me that it would be more useful (or at least as useful) to
build each component with its target Java version (though one would
have to use a minimum of Java 1.4).

Re: [CONTINUUM] Add JEXL? Java version?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:46 AM, sebb<se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure who is looking after Continuum for Commons, but it might be
> useful to add Jexl 2.0 to the list.

<snip/>

Yes (and its time to move the 2.0 branch to trunk now, with 1.x being
a branch, IMO).

I don't remember fiddling with continuum for Commons myself, so I
probably don't have the right karma on the vmbuild instance either.

-Rahul