Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Thomas Muller <tt...@online.no> on 2005/10/26 10:40:20 UTC

[mina] MINA extention: request/response based protocols

Hi,

I'm just eavesdropping this mailinglist and I'm by no means part of the
Apache Directory development team. However, I've developed a quite useful
layer on top of MINA that greatly reduces development time for
request/response based protocols where the PDU's carry a form of identifier.
I've taken the effort of integrating this into MINA (version 0.7.4). I was
wondering if the code are of any interest, and if so, how do I proceed to
offer the code to the onging Directory project.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thomas

Re: [mina] MINA extention: request/response based protocols

Posted by Donald <fl...@gmail.com>.
Me too.^_^

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

2005/10/26, Thomas Muller <tt...@online.no>:

> I'm just eavesdropping this mailinglist and I'm by no means part of the
> Apache Directory development team. However, I've developed a quite useful
> layer on top of MINA that greatly reduces development time for
> request/response based protocols where the PDU's carry a form of
> identifier.
> I've taken the effort of integrating this into MINA (version 0.7.4). I was
> wondering if the code are of any interest, and if so, how do I proceed to
> offer the code to the onging Directory project.
>
> Any input would be much appreciated.

First off, I apologize for my replies getting late these days. I have been
busy taking care of my visa issue these days.

I looked into your implementation briefly and it looked a little bit
complicated. Basically I wanted to solve this problem with orthogonal
IoFilters, not by placing another layer of abstraction. Could you please
give me some time to examine your work more closely?

Thank you,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/