Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Sharninder <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 06:18:50 UTC

End-to-End Encryption using flume

Hi,

I'm trying to send a file (or events) over flume to a remote file store
(could be HDFS too, later) with the only condition that the entire
transmission be encrypted. The topology looks something like this:

file source->encrypted avro sink -> avro source -> file sink

This is failing at the second avro source and I have to add a decrypting
source to enable this topology to work. Is this how flume encryption works?

How can I make sure that the file/events encrypted at the first sink
remains encrypted even when being written to disk at the end? Is this even
possible ?

Hope my description was clear enough?

--
Sharninder

Re: End-to-End Encryption using flume

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
you could encrypt the data before it is fed into the file source.
-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE