Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andrea Del Bene <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/03 22:01:51 UTC

User guide now under Git repository

Hi folks,

in the last days we ported the user guide into the official Wicket Git
repository. We have added a new sub project named wicket-user-guide
containing the source documents of the guide. Now the entire
documentation can be generated running the command 'mvn clean package -P
guide' on parent project or inside wicket-user-guide. In this way the
guide is part of the Continuous Integration process and is automatically
regenerated each time we commit a change. Last but not least, now
contributors can use Git and the Github mirror to create pull requests
for the guide.
For more details see
http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/6.x/guide/contributing.html.

Have fun!

Andrea.

Re: User guide now under Git repository

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

I just wanted to add that if changes are made of contributors it is required to think about the target branch. So if a feature is new to Wicket 7.x then change the corresponding 7.x branch (currently master) if the change belongs to 6.x and 7.x then change the gdoc in both branches.

The docs of Wicket 6 / 7 /... are generated separately as you can see in the URLs:

http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/6.x/

http://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/7.x/

kind regards

Tobias

P.S.: The 7.x guide will also be generated soon.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,