Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Álvaro Vargas Quezada <al...@outlook.com> on 2013/03/05 15:52:44 UTC

Building a central index with Lucene + Solr

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to develop a central index, I installed Solr and I reach the screen that I attach. But the problem is that I don't know how to continue since this point, I wanted to develop an app in php which use Solr, but I don't know how, anyone that can help me maybe with a tutorial or something like that?
Thanks and greetz from Chile!

Re: Building a central index with Lucene + Solr

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
And alternatively, http://yonik.com/solr/getting-started/

- Mark

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
That's not great, yes....
Maybe you can attempt something with Solr and when you hit specific
problems ask here.  That's going to work much better than asking for
general help.

Otis

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You should not have any issues starting with Solr on Windows side either.
You may have more issues on the php side, but there seem to be at least
some support for Solr there too: https://packagist.org/search/?tags=solr

Once you get going, you may have some issues running Solr as a service,
etc. It is possible and I have done it. I will post a guide on my blog
soon. But you shouldn't need it to start.

After that, try to get a concrete basic example working. Without it, there
is little we can help with generically.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Windows+PHP? You really do have more than one problem.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Posted by Álvaro Vargas Quezada <al...@outlook.com>.
Thanks for the quick answer!

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
There's also a very full featured PHP front-end to Solr.  It's historically a bit library-centric, but I imagine that it is general purpose enough to be useful to get started.  VUFind: http://vufind.org/

	Erik

Posted by Jilal Oussama <ji...@gmail.com>.
I use Solarium as a PHP library too, and I would greatly recommend it.

Posted by David Quarterman <da...@corexe.com>.
Hi Alvaro,