Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Mario A. Guerra" <mg...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/19 15:48:05 UTC

Installation on GlassFish and UTF-8

Hi, I'm trying to install JSPWiki into the following environment:

- Operating system: GNU/Linux Debian 7 amd64
- JVM: OpenJDK 1.7.0_75 64-bit
- Container: GlassFish 4.1 (build 13)
- LANG=es_AR.UTF-8
- JSPWiki last stable 2.10.1

I'm having the following issues:

- Are there any up-to-date instructions for installing on GlassFish ?.
After executing Install.jsp, where to put the generated file
jspwiki-custom.properties? I already put in
glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext but don't know if this is correct. The
folder for the pages are not the indicated, it puts pages instead in
/root/jspwiki-files.

- The initial pages looks with strange characters in Spanish. The
generated HTML pages contains the expected header: meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8", but the
relevants texts are not in UTF-8, and changing the browser or the view
encoding doesn't help. Searching for this problem I found this post [1],
and trying the Netbeans editor over the file
CoreResources_es.properties, just modifying one letter and saving, it
automatically converts all rare characters to unicode escapes without
affecting the view and without modifying the file encoding of
CoreResources_es.properties, which remains ISO-8859 (the unicode escapes
in fact convert this kind of files to plain ASCII). I guess that this
kind of conversion should be done in all of this foreign .properties
files. Is this correct?

Thanks, Mario.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8423025/something-wrong-with-encoding-of-properties-or-jsp

Re: Installation on GlassFish and UTF-8

Posted by Dave Koelmeyer <da...@davekoelmeyer.co.nz>.
Hi Mario,

On 20/03/15 03:48, Mario A. Guerra wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to install JSPWiki into the following environment:
>
> - Operating system: GNU/Linux Debian 7 amd64
> - JVM: OpenJDK 1.7.0_75 64-bit
> - Container: GlassFish 4.1 (build 13)
> - LANG=es_AR.UTF-8
> - JSPWiki last stable 2.10.1
>
> I'm having the following issues:
>
> - Are there any up-to-date instructions for installing on GlassFish ?.
> After executing Install.jsp, where to put the generated file
> jspwiki-custom.properties? I already put in
> glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/ext but don't know if this is correct.

On GlassFish it should go in glassfish/domains/domain1/lib/classes.

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer