Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/09/16 23:35:01 UTC

maven-remote-resources-plugin ignores offline?

I asked about this on the users list about a month ago and got no response.

I think the maven-remote-resources-plugin has a problem.  When I build for the first time in 24 hours with -o, I still get stuff like this:

[INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.0:process (default) @ geronimo-jetty-web-cts ---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-naming-builder:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.openwebbeans:openwebbeans-web:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.xbean:xbean-asm-shaded:3.8-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-jetty8-builder:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-aries-builder:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:aries:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.configs:welcome-jetty:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:welcome:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.framework:shutdown:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-persistence-jpa20-builder:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:openjpa2:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.configs:jsr88-war-configurer:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.framework:geronimo-shell:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.configs:connector-deployer-1_6:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from nexus
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.framework:framework:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from codehaus.snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.framework:framework:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from codehaus.snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo:geronimo:3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from apache.snapshots

IIRC I  get the same results with m-r-r-p v 1.1.

When I don't have internet access, there's an extremely long delay (maybe a minute?) between each line.

I get the same results with maven 2.2.1 and 3 beta 1.

Does anyone else see this and/or think its a problem?

So far I haven't located any of the code that might be responsible for this.

thanks
david jencks

Re: maven-remote-resources-plugin ignores offline?

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
David Jencks wrote:

> I get the same results with maven 2.2.1 and 3 beta 1.

3.0-beta-1 was yesterday, so I recommend to try 3.0-RC1:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/

If that also doesn't respect the offline mode, then I would appreciate
some minimal example project to reproduce the issue such that it can be
properly analyzed and eventually fixed.

Benjamin