Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/30 12:37:00 UTC

[m2] assembly plugin not preserving manifest settings

I currently have a project that I wish to build with manifest
classpath and dependency settings and so I added the following
plugin  configs to my pom:

             <plugin>
                 <configuration>
                     <archive>
                         <manifest>

<mainClass>com.williams1000.delicious.Main</mainClass>
                             <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                         </manifest>
                     </archive>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <configuration>
                     <descriptorId>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorId>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>

however when I unpacked the jar file generated by m2
assembly:assembly, my manifest settings haven't been preserved. They
are present however in the install jar file. Is this the correct
behavior for the assemly plugin?

Thanks
AW

Re: [m2] assembly plugin not preserving manifest settings

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately it is one of the few plugins still needing documentation.

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/

We're still accepting volunteers :)

- Brett

Posted by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com>.