Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ilan Aisic <ia...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/27 15:49:03 UTC

SURBL Redirection Problem

This is a sniplet from spam content I got:

<A href="http://chietaphi.com/catalog/redirect.php?action=url&goto=www.vxneev.moonboard.info/?100aa983aGd9080f4c0bfF3c1362f8e1">Just
VISlT EPharmaccy-By</A>

It did not trigger any of the URI rules even though moonboard.info is
listed in all the places.
They have exploited a redirector script on chietaphi.com which looks legit.

I think it should not be hard to improve the SA plugin for URI
(check_dnsbl) to also check something as obvious as this redirection.
Perhaps it can be done with a second call after parseing the string
followiong the domain name and realizing it contains a URI.

--
Ilan Aisic
Registered Linux User 8124 http://counter.li.org

Re: SURBL Redirection Problem

Posted by Ilan Aisic <ia...@gmail.com>.
I'm attaching the original spam message as is (in Outlook .msg format).
You'll be able to see my SA full report in the headers.
I don't think it would matter much because in my posting here I put
the original HTML HREF tag that includes the URI that should be
caught.

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@craig.dnsalias.com>.

Re: SURBL Redirection Problem

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Craig McLean wrote:

> 3.1.0-rc1 nailed it to the wall.
>
> Craig.

<...>

> domain
> |  4.5 URIBL_SC_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL
> blocklist
> |                             [URIs: moonboard.info]

Did you detect that with a redirector_pattern?  I don't see that
detected with a stock 3.1.0-rc1 here (no hint of it when SA is run with
-Duri).

Daryl

Re: SURBL Redirection Problem

Posted by Craig McLean <cr...@craig.dnsalias.com>.

Re: SURBL Redirection Problem

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Perhaps changing the uri check would be a short-term fix.  There is a
redirector pattern detector in SA which would be the right thing to fix.

        Loren