Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/04/02 18:42:15 UTC

Re: Deep introspection in JavaInterfaceProcessorRegistryImpl

Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When promoting a component reference to the composite level, the specs
> says
> that if an interface is specified in the composite reference it must be a
> superset of what is specified for the component reference that is being
> promoted.  To do this I reused the CheckCompatibility method in the
> 'WireServiceExtension'.
>
> But then this checking is done during the phase when a composite is being
> loaded and in this phase it seems like the
> JavaInterfaceProcessorRegistryImpl does not do a deep introspection of
> the
> JavaInterface of the component's reference (that is being promoted).
> As a
> result of this there seems to be no comparison possible.  Any ideas on
> how I
> can get over this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> - Venkat

One way to fix this (and a number of other related problems caused by
premature) would be to split the loading of SCA metadata in multiple phases:
1. load the assembly model from .composite, .componentType and
.constrainingType files
2. resolve referenced application artifacts (implementation classes and
service interfaces for example), and introspect them
3. normalize the assembly model, connect includes to their parents,
resolve wires, nested composites, check interface compatibility etc.

What do you think? would that help?

--
Jean-Sebastien