Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alex Oscherov <al...@sungard.com> on 2012/05/06 07:49:11 UTC

Circular dependencies

Hi Folks,
I have a question - I was just familiarizing myself with cloudstack source
code and noticed that this code has pretty tight circular dependencies
between core, server and vmware-base modules (that's what I saw so far). So
my question is - is it done intentionally - ir yest then what is the intent
or it was done unintentionally but this is non-issue or you consider this
an issue that needs fixing? If you consider that an issue that needs fixing
then let me know what my actions should be - should I file the bug, should
I fix it on my own or do something else?

Thanks,
   Alex

Re: Circular dependencies

Posted by Alex Oscherov <al...@sungard.com>.
Thanks Kelven,
you are right the error was mine. You don't have circular dependencies.

Thank you,
     Alex

RE: Circular dependencies

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Re: Circular dependencies

Posted by Alex Oscherov <al...@sungard.com>.
Hi Abhi,
The standard way would be to extract interfaces from concrete
implementations and move them to some third package - in the case of
cloudstack I would suggest Api.

Alex

RE: Circular dependencies

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com>.