Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/03/29 09:28:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

There's been quite a bit of development and testing since the last release.
AM and DAG Recovery (TEZ-15) is one big feature that has gone in.  In
addition, there's been a lot of bug fixes, stability and performance
improvements to the run-time, fixes for running on secure clusters, etc.

I'd like to make a release so that these changes are available via a
released version, rather than consumers having to use a development branch.
I'm planning on spinning a release candidate sometime tomorrow or the
day-after to this end. (Apologies for the late mail)

This can be followed by incremental releases (likely in the 0.4.x line)
within the next couple of weeks with additional fixes.

Thoughts ?

Thanks
- Sid

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Chen He <ai...@gmail.com>.
+1, sounds good to me.

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. +1

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> +1.
> Thanks Sid for taking the initiatives.
>
> --Mohammad
>   On Saturday, March 29, 2014 11:56 AM, Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>  +1, makes sense
>
> Arun
>

> > On Mar 29, 2014, at 1:29 AM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > There's been quite a bit of development and testing since the last
> release.
> > AM and DAG Recovery (TEZ-15) is one big feature that has gone in.  In
> > addition, there's been a lot of bug fixes, stability and performance
> > improvements to the run-time, fixes for running on secure clusters, etc.
> >
> > I'd like to make a release so that these changes are available via a
> > released version, rather than consumers having to use a development
> branch.
> > I'm planning on spinning a release candidate sometime tomorrow or the
> > day-after to this end. (Apologies for the late mail)
> >
> > This can be followed by incremental releases (likely in the 0.4.x line)
> > within the next couple of weeks with additional fixes.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > - Sid
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
Sounds good to me. +1

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> +1.
> Thanks Sid for taking the initiatives.
>
> --Mohammad
>   On Saturday, March 29, 2014 11:56 AM, Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>  +1, makes sense
>
> Arun
>

> > On Mar 29, 2014, at 1:29 AM, Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > There's been quite a bit of development and testing since the last
> release.
> > AM and DAG Recovery (TEZ-15) is one big feature that has gone in.  In
> > addition, there's been a lot of bug fixes, stability and performance
> > improvements to the run-time, fixes for running on secure clusters, etc.
> >
> > I'd like to make a release so that these changes are available via a
> > released version, rather than consumers having to use a development
> branch.
> > I'm planning on spinning a release candidate sometime tomorrow or the
> > day-after to this end. (Apologies for the late mail)
> >
> > This can be followed by incremental releases (likely in the 0.4.x line)
> > within the next couple of weeks with additional fixes.
> >
> > Thoughts ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > - Sid
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> immediately

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
+1.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com>.
+1.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, makes sense

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1, releasing often is good when features are being added this quickly.

Alan.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE