Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lucas Grihander <lu...@yahoo.es> on 2005/11/08 09:04:02 UTC

Output-only contrib:Table in Form

Hello all,

Due to our pages design constraits, our filter pages
have the following format:

- Filter section
- Filtered data (contrib:Table + IBasicTableModel)
- Form buttons

The table has no form components, it only shows data.
But it's inside a form, so when we push the submit
button, the database is queried twice, one to
regenerate the state of the table, and one to render
it again. How could we avoid the state regeneration? I
guess in Tapestry 3.0 you can select between
contrib:Table and contrib:FormTable, but no in
4.0.10... am I right?

Thank you very much.

Re: Output-only contrib:Table in Form

Posted by Lucas Grihander <lu...@yahoo.es>.
The first time the model is needed is in the rewind
phase. Then, the IBasicTableModel is created, using
the rewinded values of the filters. If I cache it,
should I then regenerate the instance of
IBasicTableModel (or update it) in the render phase to
catch the new values of the filters?

Thank you.

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.