Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/01/12 22:25:26 UTC

2.0 Build failure (socklen_t definition conflict)

I had been building just fine (using the old fashioned Configure/make)
until about 1:30 today.

At 1:30 I did a CVS update and have been unable to build since then
(either with Configure/make or with buildconf). The error I get is as
follows:

gcc -Wall -pthread -DNO_THREADS  -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -DUSE_HSREGEX  -O2 -g  -c -I../include -I../misc/unix apr_snprintf.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/socket.h:34,
                 from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24,
                 from apr_snprintf.c:74:
/usr/include/socketbits.h:33: conflicting types for `socklen_t'
../include/apr_config.h:358: previous declaration of `socklen_t'
make[3]: *** [apr_snprintf.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

I have run "make distclean", and I have manually cleared the apr directory
and run the build processes to no avail.

It seems that the configuration of apr is not properly setting
HAVE_SOCKLEN_T.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

--
Paul J. Reder
"Remember, Information is not knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom;

Re: 2.0 Build failure (socklen_t definition conflict)

Posted by "Paul J. Reder" <re...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Sasha,

I did try doing "cvs update -dP" with no success. But I did finally
get it working by doing "rm -fr src" followed by "cvs update -dP" ;)

Thanks for your help. I don't know quite what got out of synch,
but it is working now.

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 04:49:36PM -0500, Paul J. Reder wrote:
> There is no config.log file (just config.guess and config.sub).
> The config didn't fail, the make did.

    Does it work, if you cd src and run ./configure there?

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant

Re: 2.0 Build failure (socklen_t definition conflict)

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 04:25:26PM -0500, Paul J. Reder wrote:
[..]
> It seems that the configuration of apr is not properly setting
> HAVE_SOCKLEN_T.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

    Yes, please have a look at src/config.log. Search for the
    socklen_t message and tell me why it failed.

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant