Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/01/25 18:19:52 UTC

Need sanity testing of 2.0 alpha 2 builds

Okay,

I have release builds for 2.0 alpha 2 up on the jakarta website.  Can
someone please have a look at them and ensure that they are sane in your
environment?  I'll announce it and delploy the website (you are gonna
love the new logo) after I get some confirmation.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/release/commons-httpclient/v2.0/

Jandalf.

Re: Need sanity testing of 2.0 alpha 2 builds

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Yea, right I see it.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/test/org/apache/commons/httpclient/SimpleHttpConnection.java

Oh well, that will be the first bugfix of the next build.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.

Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>

Re: Need sanity testing of 2.0 alpha 2 builds

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
There are 4 deprecation compiler warnings in test-nohost target which I
thought I had fixed this morning. Otherwise things look all right after
build.properties is provided and edited to point to correct external
libraries. I recompiled stuff, built testwebapp, ran test-nohost and
test-local. Everything seemed sane

Cheers

Oleg

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Well, to be honest, I don't see much point in having seperate
distributions for src and binary.  But that is the commons standard way
of building which we inherit.  There is some other documentation that is
missing as well, like your webapp howto which is in the repository, but
is not in the distro.  I am not fully up to speed on maven yet, so it
will take some time to figure out how to clean up a bunch of these things.

I think that its OK for an alpha release, but needs to be better for a
beta.  I'll take it as an action item.

Anything else?

-jsd

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandalf

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Still working on it.  Surprisingly difficult for a simple thing.  The
files that are included in a maven build are determined by the
plugin.jelly file, which is global.  This seems dumb to me.  I have a
question on the maven dev list on how to override this locally.
 Unfortunately, I can't (dont want to) just use the build.xml file as it
is unrelated to maven.

This is my first release on Jakarta ever, and the first maven based
HttpClient release ever.  There are some bugs to work out.  I am working
on a release process guide specific to httpclient, so this should be
easier in the future.

Thats it, I'm going for lunch!

Jandalf.

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
Good catch.  Working on it.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandalf

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.
That change did not make it into the release.  No biggie.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch>.
Jandlaf,

Posted by Jeffrey Dever <js...@sympatico.ca>.