Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Katherine Ye <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/11 16:12:35 UTC

a solution for AIX

I was working on a project porting code from Linux to
AIX. The project uses log4cxx. On Linux log4cxx works
fine. But on AIX it is complaining about

Could not instantiate class
[org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender].
Class not found
Could not instantiate appender named "A1".
No appender could be found for logger (DelayedLoop).
Please initialize the log4cxx system properly.

I made some modification to the optionconvert.cpp so
that the static class get initialized. I think I can
share my solution to you. Please see the attachment.

Regards
Katherine Ye

PS: My modification was base on the 2004-11-05 CVS head