Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael McCrann <Mi...@macquarie.com> on 2006/02/23 08:21:26 UTC

[m2] Memory errors using CMD but not with CYGWIN

Hi,

I use both DOS CMD and CYGWIN to run Maven2. I have a large project
(869) files.

I have discovered a stange thing: If my project is in a directory with a
long pathname, when I use Maven2 in a CMD window to compile the project
I get OutOfMemory errors. However, if I do the compile from the same
directory using CYGWIN, it works fine.

Can anyone explain why this is?

Michael

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.

Re: [m2] Memory errors using CMD but not with CYGWIN

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
windows has a limit 256 fullpath file name.  Do you have any?

-D