Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Vi <vi...@bexout.com> on 2004/03/24 10:53:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Awstats

Hello, I have installed awstats, and it had added following in my config:
#
# Directives to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
#
Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/classes/"
Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/css/"
Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/icon/"
ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"

#
# This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
#
<Directory "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot">
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

But when I go to www.myserv.com/awstats/ or
www.myserv.com/awstats/awstats.pl?config=vitamin.nu
I get forbiden:

  Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /awstats/awstats.pl on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.40 Server at www.vitamin.nu Port 80

Plese help, me, I'm confused.

Re: [users@httpd] Awstats

Posted by Jez Hancock <je...@munk.nu>.
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 11:53:54AM +0200, Vi wrote:
> Hello, I have installed awstats, and it had added following in my config:
> #
> # Directives to allow use of AWStats as a CGI
> #
> Alias /awstatsclasses "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/classes/"
> Alias /awstatscss "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/css/"
> Alias /awstatsicons "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/icon/"
> ScriptAlias /awstats/ "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot/cgi-bin/"
> #
> # This is to permit URL access to scripts/files in AWStats directory.
> #
> <Directory "/usr/local/awstats-6.0/wwwroot">

I think this 'Options None' stops the execution of perl scripts in the
ScriptAlias'd cgi-bin folder above - try changing it to 'Options
ExecCGI' and see what happens:

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer