Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mac Serve <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca> on 2003/05/07 20:41:39 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] CGI Newbie Question

I am also running OS X...

So I don't fully understand your question. Do you want CGIs to execute
in the users dir instead of the CGI-bin (Which I assume is
CGI-Executables on yours) Anywho, give me an email back.

[users@httpd] Alternate to Apache MPM perchild?

Posted by David Kassar <da...@leadhound.com>.
Hi,

Can anyone recommend an alternate daemon processor that will serve requests
to be assigned a variety of different userids instead of Apache MPM
perchild?

Thanks,

David.

Re: [users@httpd] CGI Newbie Question

Posted by Steve Campbell <st...@forerunners.org>.
On 5/7/03 12:35 PM, "Mac Serve" <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> First of all, Apache on Mac OS X is all ready to execute CGI scripts.
> You don't need any mods installed, because they are already installed
> for you.
> Second of all, as the admin of the server, like myself, gotta know a
> few things about paths and such, and where the right place is to put
> your CGI scripts to execute. Your DocumentRoot is
> /Library/WenServer/Documents, and your cgi-bin is actually called
> "CGI-Executables" in /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables. Your path to
> perl would be /usr/bin/perl, unless you moved it somewhere else. :-)
> Now I had a lot of trouble getting scripts to work for me, and still
> are, but I found that some scripts have to be uploaded by FTP, even if
> it is on your own system. What version of Apache does 10.2.5 have? I'm
> still in the days of 10.2.4. I heard there was a bit of trouble with
> 10.2.5... some kernel Panics... anyways, if you just get a besic script
> and drag it right into the CGI- Executable folder, and you to
> http://your.url/cgi-bin/yourscript.cgi, it'll work!! Good luck man!!
>
> Mike

Hey Mike

That right there is enough to get me started.

Thanks and I am off and rolling.  Common sense and trial and error from this
information on can prove to be beneficall after just a little bit of work.

Thanks for this info and I can get moving from here.

Thanks again Mike

Steve
Forerunners

Re: [users@httpd] CGI Newbie Question

Posted by Steve Campbell <st...@forerunners.org>.
On 5/7/03 11:41 AM, "Mac Serve" <ma...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I am also running OS X...
>
> So I don't fully understand your question. Do you want CGIs to execute
> in the users dir instead of the CGI-bin (Which I assume is
> CGI-Executables on yours) Anywho, give me an email back.

I need to know what I have to do as far as setup mod's etc for the cgi to
run??

 I also need to know what I have to do as the admin on the server to get
them to run??

 I also need to know that due to it being some form of an executable, would
it better go in one directory vrs. Another?

I basically need some direction as to how to get one working. Dropping it
into a directory and calling it isn't going to get it to run, is it?  There
has to be more to it then that.

Thanks

As you can see, I am REALLY NEW.

Thanks