Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sol myr <so...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/24 17:27:55 UTC

[users@httpd] Another stickysession question

Hi,

Could anyone please shed light on session stickiness, especially without "jvmroute"?

I have Apache as Load Balancer, in front of some Tomcats.
My HTTP requests carry some customized cookie.
E.g:

Some requests carry "Cookie: myCookie=A"
Other requests carry "Cookie: myCookie=B"
Other requests carry "Cookie: myCookie=C"

I'd like all requests with "myCookie=A" to go to the same server (and similarly, all requests with "myCookie=B" should go to the same server, and ditto for "myCookie=C").
However... I wouldn't like to change the format of my cookies to indicate explicit "jvmroute" to an explicit tomcat.

I might even have 3 cookie values  (A,B,C) but only 2 tomcats ("tomcat1", "tomcat2").
I'd like to leave it for Apache to decide how to divide the work between them (for example, "tomcat1" might handle all requests with either "A" or "B" cookie, while "tomcat2" might handle "C" cookies... or vise versa... or some other variation...)

Thanks.