Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by Jon Malkin <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/25 02:31:53 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Renaming default git branch to 'prerelease'

We have not yet done this. I was hoping for a little discussion on the new
default branch name first.

I'm fine with either "trunk" or "main" for our repos. Both seem ok. My idea
was that we could attempt to reinforce the notion that pulling from the
default branch means you're using unreleased code, which I believe ASF
frowns upon, by calling it the "prerelease" branch.

But I don't know for sure if that would help overall or if it's more likely
to confuse people from outside the project instead.

  jon