Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io> on 2015/06/24 00:16:33 UTC

2 questions

1. If I am using the Region api in spring gemfire, should I be getting a
separate instance of region for each of my worker threads or is it thread
safe?

2. If I have an AsyncListener on a replicated region how is primary and
secondary chosen for managing the queues?

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Technical Account Manager

Re: 2 questions

Posted by Barry Oglesby <bo...@pivotal.io>.
Answers below.

Barry Oglesby
GemFire Advanced Customer Engineering (ACE)
For immediate support please contact Pivotal Support at
http://support.pivotal.io/

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 5:30 AM, Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> How do I target which servers to put the queues and listeners on?

Wherever you configure the async-event-queue is where it'll be started. Its
like the old gateway in that way. We normally recommend
2 async-event-queues (one primary and one secondary). The more you have,
the more replication between the queues you'll have and the slower your
performance.

> Parallel is not meaningful for replicated regions, right?

Right, parallel async-event-queues are not supported for replicated
regions.

Re: 2 questions

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.

Re: 2 questions