Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2012/11/17 14:25:06 UTC

Third-party work must includes its associated license

Hi All,

How do you interpret the point 2 at http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party ?

2. Do ensure that every third-party work includes its associated license, even if that requires adding a copy of the license from the third-party download site into the distribution.

Do you think the license must show in a single file (like a LICENSE file) in the third party folder (or one of the folders, if many are spread in OFBiz)
Or that the license header (if it exists!) must be added to every third-party source files?

THis is related to the new webhelp, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4941?focusedCommentId=13499415&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13499415

Thanks

Jacques

Re: Third-party work must includes its associated license

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Pfew, I like it's only that :o)
I thought it could be more tedious, it's not very clear there. They should say it, like
<<even if that requires adding a copy of the license from the third-party download site into the distribution (ie in the LICENSE file at root of the project)>

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.