Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/04/02 17:54:04 UTC

RE: Am thinking of using subversion as a general purpose filing s ystem

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 11:45, andy.glew@amd.com wrote:

> However, nearly all of my local NTFSes are shared
> at some time or another, so I ask: if a local filesystem
> is accessed remotely, does this cause a problem?

If your BDB database is on NTFS, it doesn't matter if a remote process
accesses the NTFS filesystem in general.  It matters if a remote process
accesses the *BDB* files remotely.  That's the situation to avoid:
"don't ever access your BDB files over a network filesystem".  That's
not the same thing as saying that BDB files can't live on a filesystem
that is shared in general.