Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Edson Ramiro <er...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/08 18:59:12 UTC

does Hive implement any Combiner by default?

hi all,

I'm executing TPC-H on Hive 2.0.1, using Yarn 2.7, and I'm wondering if
Hive implements any Combiner by default? If so, how do I enable it?

I am asking this because I checked the values of COMBINE_INPUT_RECORDS and
COMBINE_OUTPUT_RECORDS and they are always zero.

Thanks in advance,

      Edson Ramiro

Re: does Hive implement any Combiner by default?

Posted by Edson Ramiro <er...@gmail.com>.
In this case, are there counters related to map-side aggregation ?

      Edson Ramiro

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.