Posted to log4j-cvs@jakarta.apache.org by Stuart Siegel <ss...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/12 17:35:39 UTC

File:Line info not showing when using SocketAppender/SimpleSocketServer

I'm using a SocketAppender in (what I think) is the simplest possible
way.  My config file on the client side looks like:

#-------Client side configuration file-----------------
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.A1.Port=12345
log4j.appender.A1.RemoteHost=localhost
#------------------------------------------------------

I'm starting a SimpleSocketServer with the following config file as
the argument:

#-------------Server side config file-----------
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, LOG_FILE
log4j.appender.LOG_FILE=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.LOG_FILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.LOG_FILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %d [%t] (%F:%L)
- %m%n
log4j.appender.LOG_FILE.File=clientLog

Everything seems to be working pretty much as expected except that
the (%F:%L) formatting options in my conversion patterns shows as
"(?:?)" in the rolling file clientLog.  Using the same classes (I did
compile with debugging symbols) with a local appender produces the
correct file and line information.

I know this is probably something trival but I could not find
anything mentioning it in the archives.

Thanks.

=====