Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Enrico Weigelt <we...@metux.de> on 2002/11/29 13:59:46 UTC

Announcing multiplexer MPM

hi folks,

i'm proud to announce the first running version of my new
multiplexer mpm (as described lately in the perchild thread...)

it has still some problems and lockup situations, but i hope
to get these fixed in a few days.

i've got no cvs access, so no upload is done yet. i'll mail it on req.

ps: is there an mail interface for cvs ?
--
Bestes Mittel gegen Mailviren: Outlook löschen.
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux ITS

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481	     smsgate:   sms.weigelt@metux.de
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/

Re: Announcing multiplexer MPM

Posted by Enrico Weigelt <we...@metux.de>.
On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 09:22:14PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:

hi,

> Cool, I'd love to see a copy of it.  If you could post it on the web
> somewhere and just submit a URL to the mailing list, that might be
> easiest.  If that's not possible for some reason, please do mail me a copy
> individually.
ok. i've attached it.
currently it's only the file perchild.c, since i'm still working in
the perchild module directory.
how could i add an completely new module ?
(i'm not family w/ automake, and dont really like it ...)

> As for CVS ... no, there is no mail interface because the repository is
> read-only except to the core development team.  Commit access is granted
> only after a fairly strict set of criteria have been met.
i'm quite new to cvs, so i dont really know it.

is there generally an cvs mail interface software out there ?
i'd like to have an couple of servers which synchronize themselves
by sending mail to each other. (i'm sitting behind an uucp link)

also i imagine an revision system, which automatically makes snapshots
in very short intervals (i.e. <1min), so you could use it as an general
editing tracker. the system should also be able to have (sub-)branches
for each developer and also for groups of developers.
when the developer/group maintainer thinks it's time to make an release,
he'd set an release point w/ some comments and let the system push
it into the release tree.

is this possible w/ the cvs in that way ?

~-n

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> i'm proud to announce the first running version of my new
> multiplexer mpm (as described lately in the perchild thread...)
>
> i've got no cvs access, so no upload is done yet. i'll mail it on req.
> ps: is there an mail interface for cvs ?

Cool, I'd love to see a copy of it.  If you could post it on the web
somewhere and just submit a URL to the mailing list, that might be
easiest.  If that's not possible for some reason, please do mail me a copy
individually.

As for CVS ... no, there is no mail interface because the repository is
read-only except to the core development team.  Commit access is granted
only after a fairly strict set of criteria have been met.

Thanks,
--Cliff