Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Websphere and ActiveMQ <de...@hotmail.com> on 2009/05/01 00:10:19 UTC

Some questions, Please help

Today I have configured ActiveMQ and Websphere successfully, also I can send
message by my Application.
Note: I use JMS API to send/receive message.

Now I have following questions.
1. After I sent message successfully, login
http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp, I can see there are 2 columns, one
is Messages Sent, another is Messages Received. The message I sent is in
Message Sent column, but when I click Browse link, I can not see any message
text, Why?

2. When I use pure Java client to receive Message I just sent, I can not
receive anything, just null, why??

3. If I send the same message twice, why ActiveMQ can not remove or override
the first one? every time I send the same message, I can see the number of
Messages Sent increased 1. Can I configure somewhere to reach it?

Till now I have such questions because I use ActiveMQ first time. Please
help me, thanks in advance.

Derrick

Re: Some questions, Please help

Posted by Andreas Gies <an...@soa-knowledge.net>.
Hi there,

please find comments inline...

On May 1, 2009, at 12:10 AM, Websphere and ActiveMQ wrote:

> Today I have configured ActiveMQ and Websphere successfully, also I
> can send
> message by my Application.
> Note: I use JMS API to send/receive message.
>
> Now I have following questions.
> 1. After I sent message successfully, login
> http://localhost:8161/admin/queues.jsp, I can see there are 2
> columns, one
> is Messages Sent, another is Messages Received. The message I sent
> is in
> Message Sent column, but when I click Browse link, I can not see any
> message
> text, Why?

Are you sending a text message here ? - You could try and
programmatically use
a queue browser to inspect the queue, just to make sure the message is
really there.

> 2. When I use pure Java client to receive Message I just sent, I can
> not
> receive anything, just null, why??

Scratching my head here. Is your receiver connected to the same broker ?
This is where I am wondering what role Websphere has to play in your
questions....do you have a bridge configured ? Are you expecting
messages to travel
across from AMQ to Websphere ?

> 3. If I send the same message twice, why ActiveMQ can not remove or
> override
> the first one? every time I send the same message, I can see the
> number of
> Messages Sent increased 1. Can I configure somewhere to reach it?

I don't quite get that comment. Do you mean a message with the same
content ?
However, every time you the send method, technically new message is
created
and sent. No message broker i know looks into the message to check
whether
that message already has been sent. IMHO this would belong into the
application
or better the mediation layer, where you could apply an idem potent
consumer
pattern, if necessary.