Posted to dev@gearpump.apache.org by Karol Brejna <ka...@apache.org> on 2017/06/27 05:47:04 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

IPMC Community,

The PPMC vote to release Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1 has passed.
We would like to now submit this release candidate to the IPMC.

The PPMC vote thread is here:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d04e30eec251c8f33f319e98d24a5cd2d3cc62455276d49719057c3f@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E

The source and binary tarballs, including signatures, digests, etc.
can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/0.8.4-incubating/RC1/

Release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint:
3F12 81A2 DB58 0842 5ABA  6962 D8A8 4FBC 0A83 B291

The KEYS file is available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/KEYS

The tag to be voted upon is:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-gearpump.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/0.8.4-RC1

The release hash is:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-gearpump.git;a=commit;h=71132b256b8edbd734839386d8de2731813bd290

For information about the contents of this release see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GEARPUMP/versions/12340225
Most changes are driven by Apache Beam integration.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours (Thursday, June 29, 2017
at 11:00 PM PDT).

Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, run the
binary artifacts in the binary release and test.
Please vote:

[ ] +1 Release this package as gearpump-0.8.4
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...

Thanks,
Karol

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.
Another reminder for the IPMC about this vote.

As for the license issue, we'd like to fix in next release.

Thanks,
Manu

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Forwarding my vote here:

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Karol Brejna <ka...@apache.org>
wrote:

> IPMC Community,
>
> The PPMC vote to release Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1 has passed.
> We would like to now submit this release candidate to the IPMC.
>
> The PPMC vote thread is here:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d04e30eec251c8f33f319e98d24a5c
> d2d3cc62455276d49719057c3f@%3Cdev.gearpump.apache.org%3E
>
> The source and binary tarballs, including signatures, digests, etc.
> can be found at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/0.
> 8.4-incubating/RC1/
>
> Release artifacts are signed with the key with fingerprint:
> 3F12 81A2 DB58 0842 5ABA  6962 D8A8 4FBC 0A83 B291
>
> The KEYS file is available here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/gearpump/KEYS
>
> The tag to be voted upon is:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> gearpump.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/tags/0.8.4-RC1
>
> The release hash is:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-
> gearpump.git;a=commit;h=71132b256b8edbd734839386d8de2731813bd290
>
> For information about the contents of this release see:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GEARPUMP/versions/12340225
> Most changes are driven by Apache Beam integration.
>

> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours (Thursday, June 29, 2017
> at 11:00 PM PDT).
>

> Please download the release candidate and evaluate the necessary items
> including checking hashes, signatures, build from source, run the
> binary artifacts in the binary release and test.
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as gearpump-0.8.4
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 Do not release this package because because...
>
> Thanks,
> Karol

Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- incubating in name
- disclaimer exists
- LICENSE includes jQuery and bootstrap but these seem to not be bundled. Please fix in next release.
- NOTICE copyright year needs updating. Please fix in next release.
- no unexpected binary files in source release
- all source files have ASF headers
- can compile from source

Please consider signing the artefacts with an Apache email address rather than a gmail one.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Gently reminder for the IPMC. We would need an additional binding vote.

Thanks !

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Gearpump (incubating) 0.8.4-RC1

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I notice that your source license includes jquery, bootstrap but I can't
find those in your source release.

In your bin release, all of your license entries look
like licenses/LICENSE-[project].txt. but they should be valid paths.

John