Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com> on 2008/12/31 17:22:09 UTC

Cometd component?

I just downloaded the latest Camel 2.0 snapshot and I don't see the cometd
component in the package. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
About cometd still being missing... yeah, that's my bad. I've committed
another fix for this and actually tested it this time ;)

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com>wrote:

> [...]
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.component.cometd.CometdEndpoint.connect(CometdEndpoint.java:68)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.component.cometd.CometdProducer.start(CometdProducer.java:51)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor.doStart(SendProcessor.java:93)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:49)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startService(ServiceHelper.java:42)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startServices(ServiceHelper.java:53)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.processor.DeadLetterChannel.doStart(DeadLetterChannel.java:435)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:49)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startService(ServiceHelper.java:42)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startServices(ServiceHelper.java:53)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateAsyncProcessor.doStart(DelegateAsyncProcessor.java:54)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:49)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startService(ServiceHelper.java:42)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.util.ServiceHelper.startServices(ServiceHelper.java:53)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultConsumer.doStart(DefaultConsumer.java:85)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.impl.ScheduledPollConsumer.doStart(ScheduledPollConsumer.java:123)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:49)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addService(DefaultCamelContext.java:420)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRoutes(DefaultCamelContext.java:682)
>        at
>
> org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:651)
>        at
> org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:49)
>        at cameltests.CometTest.main(CometTest.java:15)
>
> Anyone know what this means?
>

> janstey wrote:
> >
> > Seems that we forgot to include it in the distribution. I'll add it in
> > ASAP
> > so we'll have it after the next deploy.
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Stephen J
> > <st...@mclaneco.com>wrote:
> >

> >> I just downloaded the latest Camel 2.0 snapshot and I don't see the
> >> cometd
> >> component in the package. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have added a link on the camel cometd wiki page to Davids blog with
the sample.

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I finally got my test to work. Your example was very helpful.
>

> dgreco wrote:
>>
>> Hello Stephen,
>> you can download a simple example from my blog, here:
>> http://www.davidgreco.it/MySite/Blog/Entries/2008/12/4_Camel,_Cometd_and_Bayeux_what_a_nice_combination.html/wsc/D4A6CF95-011D-1000-A267-9AD336E601D8/camel_gmap_example.zip?wsc=download
>> Hope it helps.
>> Regards,
>> David
>>

>> Stephen J wrote:
>>>
>>> I found that my problem was a mismatched jar version. Not sure how I did
>>> that.
>>>
>>> I still can't get the component working, but that's due to not
>>> understanding how everything is supposed to be set up. Maybe by the time
>>> 2.0 is released someone will write a concrete example on how to use this
>>> component.

/Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com>.

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/1/6 dgreco <gr...@acm.org>:

> Hello Stephen,
> you can download a simple example from my blog, here:
> http://www.davidgreco.it/MySite/Blog/Entries/2008/12/4_Camel,_Cometd_and_Bayeux_what_a_nice_combination.html/wsc/D4A6CF95-011D-1000-A267-9AD336E601D8/camel_gmap_example.zip?wsc=download

BTW do you fancy adding this example to the Camel distribution? :)

We love contributions!
http://activemq.apache.org/camel/contributing.html
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by dgreco <gr...@acm.org>.
Hello Stephen,

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Feel free to add a ticket in JIRA for a better cometd sample

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com>.

Re: Cometd component?

Posted by Stephen J <st...@mclaneco.com>.