Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2002/07/24 23:22:03 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/mappers mod_negotiation.c

wsanchez@apache.org writes:

> wsanchez    2002/07/24 13:47:29
>
>   Modified:    .        CHANGES
>                modules/dav/main mod_dav.c
>                modules/experimental mod_cache.c
>                modules/http http_protocol.c
>                modules/mappers mod_negotiation.c
>   Log:
>   Replace atol() calls which should return long long with apr_atoll() calls.
>   Submitted by: Shantonu Sen <ss...@apple.com>

Is there a way to avoid the 64-bit arithmetic where it isn't really
needed?  Aren't some anal compilers going to insist on telling us that
it isn't good to store 64-bit values in 32-bit variables?

Should we have something like apr_ato_off_t(), just as we have
apr_off_t_toa()?  apr_ato_off_t could map to apr_atoll() where
necessary.

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...