Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Jens M. Kofoed" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/13 10:46:55 UTC

Problem with InvokeHTTP not timing out

Hi community
I have some issues with the InvokeHTTP process. Sometimes the process does
not receive a response from the web server and the process hangs in a
waiting state without timing out.
I use nifi version 1.12.1, and the settings for the InvokeHTTP process is
as follow:
Penalty duration 30 secs
Yield duration 1 sec
Scheduling strategy: Timer driven
concurrent Taskts: 1
Run schedule: 1 sec
Run duration: 0ms
HTTP metode: GET
Connection timeout: 5 secs
Read timeout: 30 secs
Idle timeout: 2 mins.
Max Idle connections 1

Looking in the nifi-app.log file for debug messages I can see many requests
followed by a response from the web server. When the UI no longer showed
any files going through I tried to stop the process and looked in the log
file.
In the logfile I can see the request to the web server, but no response. I
am expecting a read timeout but nothing happens.
When trying to stop the process in the UI, the process goes from 1 task to
2 tasks and after 10 min. the process has still not stopped. So I have to
Terminate it.

Can anyone please help?
I have tried to create a bug report, but it is difficult when there are no
error messages.

Kind regards
Jens M. Kofoed

Re: Problem with InvokeHTTP not timing out

Posted by "Jens M. Kofoed" <jm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Mark,
I have tried dumping the threads, but I'm not able to find information
about that processor. and unfortunately the system having problems is
running on a sensitive system with no internet access and I'm not allowed
to transfer data from that system to the internet.
Looking in the thread file for InvokeHTTP I can find 3 Timer-Driven Process
Thread-nn with an ID which I can't relate to the process in the UI. 1
thread is RUNNING and 2 are WAITING.
After I stop and terminate the processor and dump to a new file one of the
waiting processes is gone, but the other 2 (1 running and 1 waiting) are
also in the new dump file.
Looking at the dump files and comparing the 2 waiting processors there is
nothing which pops right in my face saying here are some things wrong.

kind regards
Jens M. Kofoed