Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by divz80 <di...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 00:13:07 UTC

Error while starting Solr on Websphere

Hi,

i'm attempting to setup Solr 4.2.0 on IBM Websphere 8.5. I've deployed the
solr.war and when I try to access the admin page, I get this error.

*Error 503: Server is shutting down*

The log files has this error:

/[3/20/13 18:56:33:564 EDT] 00000061 HttpClientUti I
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpClientUtil createClient Creating new
http client,
config:maxConnectionsPerHost=20&maxConnections=10000&socketTimeout=0&connTimeout=0&retry=false
[3/20/13 18:56:33:592 EDT] 00000061 SolrDispatchF E
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter init Could not start Solr. Check
solr/home property and the logs
[3/20/13 18:56:33:639 EDT] 00000061 SolrCore      E
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log null:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org/apache/http/conn/scheme/Scheme.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;ILorg/apache/http/conn/scheme/SchemeSocketFactory;)V/

I verified that the latest jar, httpclient-4.2.3.jar is in the lib folder,
there are no older versions of the jar.
 is there any other configuration step I'm missing or a property I need to
set?

RE: Error while starting Solr on Websphere

Posted by divz80 <di...@gmail.com>.
I never got it to work on Websphere 8.5. We are using Websphere 7 in
production, so I deployed the same app (no changes) and it worked on
Websphere 7.

RE: Error while starting Solr on Websphere

Posted by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com>.
Thanks for the reply.

I have setup Solr on Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss and WebLogic (we have to be able to deploy to multiple server types for our doc). On this particular machine, I've set up WebLogic as well with the same Solr home (although WebLogic is stopped at the moment so they don't compete over the same index).

For the WebSphere instance, I have the Solr home defined by the startup script (defined by JAVA_OPT, essentially, as -Dsolr.solr.home=D:/solr - which is very similar to how WebLogic, JBoss and Tomcat are set up).

Anyways, perhaps I'll set up a separate solr home entirely from the WebLogic instance (just to be sure).

> I'm having this same issue (versions and all). Was there ever a response to this question? I can't seem to find one. Thanks in advance!
[...]

As the error message says, my first guess would be that solr/home is not set  properly. Please see:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrInstall#Setup and also http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrWebSphere

You might also want to first try to get Solr working with the embedded Jetty as that is the most straightforward way to get started, and is fine for production use also.

Regards,
Gora

Re: Error while starting Solr on Websphere

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.

Posted by "Van Tassell, Kristian" <kr...@siemens.com>.
I'm having this same issue (versions and all). Was there ever a response to this question? I can't seem to find one. Thanks in advance!

>From     divz80 <di...@gmail.com>

Subject Error while starting Solr on Websphere

Date      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 23:13:07 GMT

Posted by rulinma <ru...@gmail.com>.
E org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log null:java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

should be jar not found. no relation to websphere.