Posted to dev@shenyu.apache.org by Zhang Yonglun <zh...@apache.org> on 2021/07/02 12:15:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Prepare for the first Apache release

It's time to start creating the first Apache release which is one of the
most important milestones in the incubator journey.
I have checked the status of the codes, licences, binaries, etc. And found
that there are some items need to be finished before releasing.
The following is a to do list, we can track the status here.

- [ ] Release Guide
The initial version can be found here: https://shenyu.apache.org/zh
/community/release/
It would be updated several times before finish. Once the guide is stable,
the English version need to be added.

- [ ] Enable Nexus Access For
The progress can be tracked via: https://issues.apache.org/jira
/browse/INFRA-22072

- [ ] Request for ShenYu DockerHub repository
The progress can be tracked via: https://issues.apache.org/jira
/browse/INFRA-22070

- [ ] Create the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files for back end codes and
binaries.

- [ ] Create the LICENSE, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER files for front end codes and
binaries.

- [ ] Exclude the dependency of mysql-connector-java when packaging.

- [ ] Change the binaries of bootstrap.jar and admin.jar to .tar.gz
In the tarball, there would be a start/stop script and a ext-lib to allow
users put 3rd party libs

- [ ] How to sync/package the dashboard codes when packaging?
Maybe submodule will resolve this problem.

- [ ] Create a shenyu-distribution module to assemble codes and binaries
artifacts.

Any comments? Please feel free to reply if you have any ideas.

The discussion is also open in GitHub issue: https://github.com/apache
/incubator-shenyu/issues/1700

--

Zhang Yonglun